It's always an adventure at my house - Bouncy Balls included!
When the grands come to visit, I'm always looking for fun projects to do together. Last night we did a DIY Bouncy Balls project that was quick, easy, and a lot of fun. And add essential oils to the mix -- smelled amazing too. The entire project took us probably 5 minutes to complete, and then we had SO MUCH fun just playing with the ball.
One of my bounces accidentally landed the ball in B's juice, so that was good for giggles and snorts and such. The original recipe called for Balance, but I let B choose which scent he liked the best, afterall he is planning on being a doTERRA worker when he grows up :-) He picked Citrus Bliss, and it was a great choice. We opted to skip the glitter. Largely because all the glitter I had was thrown away a while back after B and his bro found their way into our art room and the glitter stash and dumped it all over the work table. I had an aversion to glitter before that, and now it's just about banned from the house!
DIY Bouncy Ball Recipe (from doTERRA Living Magazine ~ Summer 2016)
What you need:
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon borax
- 1/8 cup of clear glue
- 1-2 drops of Balance essential oil
- In a plastic cup mix together water and borax, once the borax dissolves, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together glue, Balance essential oil and glitter until combined.
- Pour glue substance into the cup of water mixture, and stir with a popsicle stick until it forms a clump of glue. Note: the glue will not combine with the water, you are simple swirling it around until the glue becomes more solid
- Take the glue out and place it on a paper towel. Fold the paper towel over it to dry off the borax mixture.
- Play with it in your hands so all of the bubbles release, and form into a ball.
I think we'll try adding food coloring next time to see what happens. I read another recipe for Bouncy Balls that called for corn starch with the glue, so we'll try that on the next round as well. Curious to see what the difference is. Our Bouncy Ball had a great bounce, but when we tried to throw it REALLY hard to get a BIG bounce, it fell apart. We were able to mold it back together and have fun with smaller bounces though. The Citrus Bliss smell really came through too - I love the calming yet energizing effect that oil has on me. Sometimes I get stressed/frustrated when I'm having a bad RA day, and when that happens, this oil is my friend. I need to feel like I CAN accomplish things - it can be the boost I need to get moving and work through the morning stiffness so my day is better. Where can you get amazing Citrus Bliss?